Thursday, August 2, 2007

New three CQ blocks



My SRE teacher Mrs.Nur Cubukcu who also introduced me CQing, she is making a wonderful bed cover for her granddaughter, 12. I took three pieces of 12X12" blocks to help her. I love heavily embellished blocks. Therefore there are long way to go on these blocks. The metallic threads are Kreinik brand that I've swapped with a CQ lover from the USA. I'm so glad that the silk ribbons are available at my local quilt stores now, they are produced here since last year. They are available with a large color scheme. I used matte glass seed beads to catch a harmony with the sequins. Otherwise it should be looking too brillant.

3 comments:

gocrazywithme said...

I love the little window with the lace curtain! I wish I had an SRE teacher; I'm using a video and trying to teach myself, but it would be so nice to have someone to watch.
Janet in Colorado

Rengin Yazitas said...

Isn't it cute???
I was so lucky for having a well experienced teacher. I'm a little bit lazy to learn myself, if someone teaches me I learn more easily!!!
Love,
Rengin

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Absolutely gorgeous work Rengin. Very delicate. Good choice with the matte beads.