Friday, February 15, 2008

Progress on the ArtBra '08 block


I completed bottom seam treatment:) I made Chevron stitch with Kreinik#32 (heavy braid), added flat type lilac color sequins between the stitches. On top of the Chevron's, I added pearl drops and lazy daisy stitches with silk thread to give a flower form.
At left side, I worked on the 7mm silk ribbon. I liked this simple technique,to add lazy daisies on the ribbon looks pretty. I added crystal beads at the left side...I'll add silk green leaves to make them more apprearent.
I added a few oyas on the green patch. They are my new type oyas. Lilac and purple tones of the honey suckles looked pretty on the green patch. I've already stitched oyas, I'll embroider branches.

4 comments:

Ann said...

this is so beautiful!!! you are immensely talented.

Kathy R said...

Rengin,
Your stitching is wonderful and I love the colors you have chosen to work with.

Ati. Norway. said...

Beautiful seam treatment, Rengin!

Martha said...

Allisons site brought me to yours. Your stitching is beautiful. I'm about to start a crazy quilt block for a quilt my bee is donating to a silent auction. I have done embroidery and beading but never put together a square. I'm excited. I will come back to your site to look for ideas.