Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Progress of the Memory Block




Embellishing the block is the most joyful part for me, especially this block has so pastel colors, I really enjoy to work on it.

The beaded trim type and the other oyas are around the lace, is new performance of my oya artisan lady. Those pinkish oyas are called "Puren". They looked so neat with hand dyed lace. I added french knots with 4mm undyed ribbon of Ribbonsmyth.

I'm so glad that I found beads with almost the same color with ribbons that I made green leaves. They are, both made a good contrast at top patch. I used solid pink taffeta and added lace there.

The below seam treatment is my new creation:)

3 comments:

Kathy Raker said...

Oh Rengin, I am running out of words to describe you lovely work.
The new oyas look fabulous and the beading and ribbon work just stunning.
Hugs

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Hi Rengin! I love your delicate pink flowers - they look just like the wild roses that grow here in the summer!
Hugs,
Kerry

Ira said...

Oyas look great. Beautiful work