Friday, December 4, 2009

An old cardigan with autumn leaves:)

Today was a fruitful day for me, I did too many tasks. When I was organizing my wardrobe, I found this an old cardigan that I've knitted and embellished long time ago. It is at least 20 years old!!! To find totally forgotten cardigan made me happy, I can wear at home...Its mohair yarn with dark chocolate color still looks pretty. The most important part of the cardigan is embellishments that was my first trial to work with leathers...Isn't so obvious that my crazy world world comes from past. I remeber how I've worked hard to sew all those leather autumn leaves and to cover their borders with trims.


Here is a close-up for one motif, isn't is nice with nice color combo? But, I still remember my struggle to sew beads and buggles on the leather to form those autumn leaves...
Its back side also has motifs...
I wish I could have same patience and enthuisiam to create same kind of things again. Time to time to find these kind of my old work force me to realize to work hard once again. I was full time working mother and doing these kind of things:)) I plan to active as much as I can on next year, I promise to share new lovely things with you:))



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful reminder for you of all your hard work.... I think the sweater is beautiful & I bet it is very warm!!
Love,
Marilyn

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Your sweater looks great Rengin. I love the leather leaves. That must have been hard sewing the beads on the leather. Great work.
Hugs, Pat

Judy said...

Rengin, thank you for your kind comments on my blog! No, I did not see the deer - they are heading for bed earlier than I am willing to get up! And the dogs would scare them away, too! I have seen deer occassionally in the past, though, and I treasure every sighting!
Your work is incredible!! I am truly amazed at the leather leaves! Leather is so hard to work with!!!!
And I love the colour of Babig, your little grandson! I seldom see a tabby cat that sort of caramel colour - they are usually more brown.

Rengin Yazitas said...

Judy,
You're so lucky to be able to have deers where yu live.
I live in a megapol city, noway to see those lovely deers here:((
I must admit that to work with leather wasn't so easy.
Oh, my grandson is so lovely, he is so precious. He went back to Ankara where my DD lives, I miss him a lot.