Thursday, November 24, 2011

Earthquake disaster in Turkey


So sad that we had another big earthquake at the eastern part of the country...The announced magnitute was 7.2 and caused big damage! Thousands of people are homeless at the moment, living in the tents or bungalows in the rough winter conditions.
We, as being quilter Ladies in Istanbul started to make baby blankets to help young mothers who are living in the pretty hard conditions at the moment. My some quilter friends from Crazy Quilting International group also wanted to support us to prepare baby blankets.
Cathy's lovely blankets arrived last week and today I received another box from Peggy . I would like to share with you all that I got so much impressed with my Committe Member friends with these great support of my quilter buddies from thousands miles away.
Both friends says, we wish we could do more!!! I also would like to admit that I couldn't control my tear drops upon Peggy's message, she writes "As each child is warmly wrapped, I pray they are aware of the love and good wishes sent with the blankets"....
I believe that these lovely blankets will give hope and power for those young mothers who are trying to keep alive their little ones in that disaster area in this current hard winter conditions...
Special thanks once again...

No comments: