Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oyas of Callas, Poppies that I made:)

We had really hard winter contions here this year. It was a great opportunity to sit and try new things...I started to make new models of oyas with another technique. These oyas are different than those I sell at my Etsy. These are simple models with more natural appearence that I would like to create small wallhangers. This photo shows a big leaf that I did last week...I also completed half of the its flower but it seems that it should take long time to complete it because it is a big size flower.

This photo shows my little callas...There are lots of work to complete them, however, I just wanted to share the photos of two of them before completing...I'll use them on a wallhanger as well.

I love poppies, I did lots of SRE poppies in the past...This year spring came lately, I tested my patience, making poppies with a different way, with our traditional needle lace, oyas. As you can see, it is really hard work to make petals, stamens, leafs...I hope I'll be able to share outcome soon.
In the past, I was keep telling that I didn't have enough patience to create oya flowers...This long winter was enough to test my patience, I started to make oyas myself...To be decisive is a good beginning, the next thing should be to learn "goldwork"...
Happy Easter to you all...

10 comments:

Suztats said...

Happy Easter!
Your flowers are looking very nice and I look forward to seeing the wall hanging.

Melisa Bakos said...

oh rengin I think your work is great I have tried to learn the art of oya and it is difficult you are fortunate and talented melisa b

Wendy said...

Just beautiful! I love oyas and your poppies are just fabulous!

Rengin Yazitas said...

Ladies, thanks so much for your comments...I must admit that to learn oya is difficult.It needs lots of daily experience.
I hope I'll be able to complete callas first to share first project.
Happy Easter to you all...

Kathy Raker said...

Happy Easter! Your flowers are very nice and I commend you for trying your hand at this. I can only imagine how difficult it is.

NickiLee said...

It's wonderful that you have the patience to create these tiny little pretties.

Has the package I sent arrived yet? You should be receiving it soon!

Hugs,

Nicki Lee

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Rengin,
Your cala lily oya is looking very nice. You do lovely stitching not matter what you are making. I hope my attempt at making them will be as lovely. vbg Hugs Judy

crazyQstitcher said...

Hi Rengin, your Oya leaves and flowers in the making look fabulous.
I can imagine how difficult they would be to create.

Well done with the patience.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Rengin your work is so delicate and awesome.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wow Rengin you do amazing work. So delicate and beautiful. I am in awe of your talent.