Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Travel Notes, Norway, Chapter#5, Sognefjord-Balestrand, crazy things

Now, let me tell you some another key point from our Balestrand visit. After a long and busy day, we were hanging around the pier area to wait our dinner time but I must admit that all of us starving  and fantastic smells indicated us one point, Pilgrim Restaurant.
Glad that they had a table for four of us. We immediately canceled our previous reservation and started to review their menu. 
When we entered to I couldn’t control myself where to look, what to see among all those wonderful vintage pieces.Right  after ordering things I started to take photos of all those amazing pieces. 

They have two storey building but their new  top floor crystal dome amazing, it  gives a fantastic view of the mountain and fjord. 

We also welcomed by the owner Bjorg Bjoberg, she is a retired school teacher but she is a multi skilled artist. 

It was her birthday, she made our dinner so special at her special day, we’ll never forget. As we agreed with her, there is no coincidences!
She is a real keeper like me but her collection  amazing items, another most important thing is she  remembers the story of each item and it belongs to whom.


When we were  starving her friendly staff, young Ladies started service. We were two couples, we really enjoyed our time there.
Thousands  miles away from home, while experiencing white nights to meet with a special person was so nice, sharing almost same interests, same hobbies get people together. I would like to repeat once again “All you need is love” as John Lennon said so.
If you go to Balestrand,  Pilgrim Restaurant must be visited to meet with her&family and to see their colorful world. I believe that those kind of people makes our world peaceful with their lovely colors, whenever they touch they turn it a different beauty. Thank you Bjorg, we had so special time at your place during your birthday. Hope one day we get a chance to see each other again!
Thousands  miles away from home, while experiencing white nights to meet with a special person was so nice, sharing almost same interests, same hobbies get people together. I would like to repeat once again “All you need is love” as John Lennon said so.

When we were leaving Balestrand, I  thought all those beautiful people that we've met there, I waved them quietly and wished them lots of happiness.
If you go to Balestrand,  Pilgrim Restaurant must be visited to meet with her&family and to see their colorful world. I believe that those kind of people makes our world peaceful with their lovely colors, whenever they touch they turn it a different beauty. Thank you Bjorg, we had so special time at your place during your birthday. Hope one day we get a chance to see each other again!


I would like to share another nice memory, I noticed a shop with Handcraft sign at night when we were going back to hotel after dinner. I went to see display window with a hope if it is open . I must admit that to get adopted white night is not so easy you may confuse your time easily, it was from one of  that moments for me! Of course it was closed, but next morning after breakfast, what I did? Directly, I went there...It is a lovely shop, sells craft materials, they make lovely patchwork quilts in their studio. Also they do knitting branch, too. They knit lovely things with those good yarns. 

By the way, there were several big tables that they were selling second hand items, some of them were antiques, some of them vintage and brand new things, too. I love bronze candles, several  pairs of  poinsettia form bronze candles were waiting me there.  Now, I have one a wonderful candle set.  I’m so sad that I couldn’t chat with all those ladies who run the store and studio, non of them knows English. I’m sure that they all know full information about those second hand items. Anyway, I couldn’t learn who was the owner, how old those candles, etc. But, I’m so happy with them and they found a good home, I think;-))
Another key point from our travel, longest fjord and glacier tour later....

No comments: