The Art Bra Ladies started to work again - We'll have another quilt in the works for 2009 with "Roses" theme. Our individual blocks is to be done in Victorian Colors based around a piece of soft dark pink sent out by our organizer, Barbara Blankenship.
When I learned the theme of this year, I immediately remembered an old fabric that should be perfect selection for the "Rose" theme. It was my mother's dress, tailored for her at least 35 years ago!!! In those days Chine silks were so famous with nice, elegant prints! My mother gave me that old dress when I've started CQing in 2004. I used a small patch of that fabric on a RR block with "Rose" theme a few years ago, I've also sent small pieces to my RR buddies, most of them used that small patches on their blocks as well. Once again I'll use a small part of this fabric for a special project, ArtBra 2009.
I decided to use mostly pink tones and beige and gray to make a contrast with the my fabric with the rose print. Now, it is time to go get pieces together to create a nice block, 8x8" size. I want to add SRE and other things to have heavily embellished block. I'll share its progress:)