Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2010 ArtBra Ladies Wall Hanging


It is another year that our small group is making blocks for another Art Bra wall hanging. This year we will be creating fan blocks. Dear Stephanie prepared individual muslin foundations for us with the fan design so we will be able to create exactly same blocks more easily.

We will be using jewel tones this year, suggested tones are emerald, turquoise, peridot, citrine, aquamarine, sapphire, topaz....when I heard all these stone colors I got so excited. All these lovely colors reminded me our Mediterranean coast, fresh and watery colors... I selected fabrics mostly from turquoise tones to make my block....
I usually do hand stitching on my CQ blocks as much as I can. I started to make this block according to paper piecing method, fan blades are ready to get pieced. I must decide colors of the other pieces....Let me sew fan blades now... I'll share progress later:))
It is snowing in Istanbul....I love to stay at inside watching snowing....Happy stitching:)))

No comments: