Monday, June 27, 2011

My block for Sendai Project finished

My block is on its way...I completed this little block for our dear quilter friend Hideko whose country, hometown had a tragic earthquake in Japan. Our another friend, Leslie Ehrlich is organizer of a special project "Our Hearts and Hands for Sendai". special thanks her for her efforts to realise this important project. I wish I could make this block for another reason but I'm glad that our dear friend Hideko is well and safe. I always keep Japan people in my prayers who survived from big disaster and for all those innocent people who lost their lives due to big quake and horrible tsunami.

I tried to use flowers and lots of beads on my block, I wanted to use bright colors as the reminder of the spring...spring brings new hopes, new expectations....


I used contrast colors in a harmony. My beaded needle laces looked so neat on the hand dyed fabric.

I used different types of oyas...


I'm not much familiar to Brazilian Embrodiery but recently I bought nice special threads for that purpose, using those treads I did Bullion stitches and french knots on top the bugles intead of using beads as I used to do.

As my buddies all know, I like heavily embellished blocks, this is another heavily embellished block that I made for an important project. I added my sincere feelings, all positive energy to create it.

Blessings to all.....



5 comments:

Suztats said...

It looks beautiful, Rengin!

Hideko Ishida said...

Rengin,
What a beautiful block you've done!! I appreciate your hard work. Thanks for your kindness and friendship!! Mostly we are getting along well with the situation. Please take care of yourself too!!
Hideko

Rengin Yazitas said...

Hideko,
I'm so glad that you liked what I've done.
You're always in my thoughts, stay well dear friend.

Zehra said...

harika isleriniz var ellerinize saglik sevgiler

Zehra said...

harika isleriniz var ellerinize saglik sevgiler