Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Christmas tree skirt

So sad that I negleted my blog so much, almost spent a whole year without sharing anything. Especially didn't share my CQ projects.  I was planning to create a tree skirt for a long time, due to so many problems I stayed away from stitching but completed 2018 with a lovely project. I've shared its photo via my FB and Instagram accounts but neglected here.
2019 was also not much fruitful from my CQing activities, I've just completed stocking, I'll share it here, too!
I wanted to create something special tree skirt, neat to my cozy home atmosphere. I selected my DD's an old jean as base and some Christmas theme fabrics. I prepared fabrics and got them together according to paper piecing method. As I always say so I like always hand stitching on these kind of works.
 I did different seam treatments with Christmas colors. Suppose to I should make so simple things but I couldn't stop, used lots of seed beads, other beads and sequins as I usually do.
Our two furry friends likes to sleep under the tree therefor my tree skirt doesn't have any lace, trims etc.
 The lenght of seams are 11", so, as you can imagine I've spent long hours to complete them all.
 I really enjoyed color contrast of jean and cheerful x-mas theme fabrics.
 
It was my other challenge to make a table runner with these fabrics but unfortunately things didn't go well as I planned. Hope, new coming year will be fruitful one, let's see what happens on the coming months.

No comments: