Friday, March 21, 2014

Victorian Vintage DYB RR- My work on Tahlia's block

 2014 year started with different activities for me, one of them is a new RR, Vintage Victorian theme DYB RR. 
I've worked on Tahlia'a block which was designed as real vintage blocks and special fabrics. If fabrics are nice and soft to work on it is easy. I started to make my favorite big lazy daisy, afterwords I kept continue to embroider a fan and spider web. I used swarovski crystal beads to make spider, it is my new creation:))  Tahlia's biggest main parch is a soft silk fabric with olive green color. I tried to use my all vintage cotton threads with same color to make seam treatments . I also used olive green color silk ribbons to make little leaves....Upon her request I added my name and country and of course some oyas. 
I was hesitant what to do at the begining because I usually work on only solid fabrics, when I have blocks with different designs, different motifs, I scare to lose control of color harmony. I guess, I didn't exaggerate my work and catched a harmony, I hope she likes what I've done. Now, I'm waiting another block to play.

3 comments:

Gerry Krueger said...

This turned out beautifully and is a joy to look at... Gerry Krueger

Susan said...

Lovely!,

Debbie S. said...

I love your stitching and additions to this block. What a lovely block it turned out to be.