Thursday, June 9, 2016

Etsy and Paypal!

We, Etsy members are having a real shock here in Turkey that we were using Paypal.  But now, we will no longer be able to send or receive funds via Paypal.The Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (known as BDDK) has refused Paypal's license renewal request to operate in Turkey which means that Paypal can no longer process payments in Turkey.  So, we won't be able to use Paypal anymore.
Accordingly, our all Paypal related activities are stopped at June, 6th, 2016.. At the same time, it effected to our all Etsy activities, too. Etsy is trying hard to find a solution for all Turkish sellers/buyers, but there is no any announcement yet.
I would like to inform my customers that my Etsy store is not active at the moment. But, if you need something urgent please don't hesitate to contact me.
I hope our authorities will  find a solution to solve this important issue.

4 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Can you transition to Western Union for a time? It's not that difficult to access in the US; haven't checked to see if it's available on-line.

Wishing a speedy answer for you.

Rengin Yazitas said...

I was using Western Union before Paypal but its fees are high. At least it is a good alternative.

Maven said...

If Amazon is available in Turkey, perhaps a good work-around (solution) might be to use Amazon gift certificates as payment. On occasion I have done this for swaps and such, and the gift certificates are available via email/online, and you can use them for purchases on Amazon. My husband and I use Amazon a lot, and this seems to be a good thing for those occasions when payment is required (I don't "do" Paypal, and not everyone wants to obtain money orders).

Rengin Yazitas said...

As far as I know it is not available in Turkey. I'll check it again, thank you much.